Company Name: Remedy Intelligent Staffing
Contact Email: email@example.com
Job Title: Director of Risk Management
Location: Hillsborough County FL
Job Description/Requirements/Etc.: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develops and implements the organization’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related to safety and risk management.
• Analyzes and identifies organizational risks. Develops, implements and modifies systems, policies and procedures for risk-management.
• Partners extensively with Safety & Security Staff.
• Sets times for review and updates all procedures and work instruction as necessary.
• Reviews accident reports, performs additional investigation and determines HART’s liability resulting from accidents and incidents.
• Reviews worker’s compensation claims and monitors employee’s claim through initial notice, medical treatment, rehabilitation and return to work.
• Generates monthly reports reflecting the status of the programs including claim reserves, payments to claimants, subrogated claims and legal expenses.
• Manages all other conventional insured coverage including but not limited to property, director, officer and builder liability policies. Sets standards and requirements for all excess insurance policy requirements.
• Coordinates with Safety and Security Department to conduct monthly safety inspections to facilitate hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
• Performs Risk and Loss Control evaluation of the Authority’s business. Implements processes of discovering sources of loss concerning liability risks.
• Analyzes possible negligent acts and/or omissions that could result in bodily injury and/or property damage through investigative procedures.
• Performs post incident/accident investigations for occupational, environmental and traffic situations.
• Reviews the Authority’s contracts relative to insurance coverage from vendors. Sets requirements for vendors’ policy coverage. All standard and special coverage are identified and accepted prior to work beginning.
• Manages and completes self-insured program for both general liability and workers’ compensation including the SIT (Self-Insured Retention).
• Supervises, trains and evaluates staff.
• Serves from time to time as Project Manager or project team member on a variety of subject matter expertise organizational projects or stretch assignments as assigned by the Portfolio Steering Committee (PSC) of the agency Project Management Office (PMO). These assignments will implement broad strategic and organizational agency goals.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate Degree in Risk Management, Finance, Business or a closely related field; or two years of related field experience for each year of college.
• 7-9 years of related field experience and three years of progressive management.
Machines, Tools, & Equipment Used:
• Ability to operate small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems, as well as a computer for both data entry, word processing, and/or accounting purposes.
• Also required to operate a VCR, various cameras, security equipment, radar gun, and fingerprinting equipment.
• Valid Florida Driver’s License
• Relevant Certifications preferred
Skills and Ability:
• Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to think forward to understand